Friday, April 07, 2006

Thankful for the experience

My internship has been nothing but learning experiences since the beginning. The people at The Bulletin have been there to help me pursue stories. I am thankful for their words of encouragement, concern and understanding.

In February, an editor from my first internship passed away. My editor here offered her condolences and time off. Since I'm far away, I didn't make it to the funeral. I went on with work and remembered to treasure the editor’s words and advice from last Summer.

I will remember the words from editors and colleagues here, too. They could prevent work-related mistakes down the road.

I wrote my first correction for misidentifying a high school as an elementary school. It's strange how little details can get by so quietly. Fortunately, I'm thankful for the advice and criticism when something does go wrong.

I had one earlier internship, but I’ve learned new things on the job. That is why I am thankful for this educational experience – and the memories I will take with me.


-- Benny Polacca, Arizona State University, The Bulletin, Bend, Ore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home