Friday, April 07, 2006

Proud of fellow Chipsters

I am itching to write more significant, breaking-news stories. I joke that I know everybody in Los Angeles because when metro reporters talk about people I often say (or think to myself) I know that person. I've shared some contacts and phone numbers with people, so that's been nice. Recently, Dr. Rodolfo Acuna, author of Occupied America, and the man who started the Chicano Studies program at CSUN, my alma mater, sent me a piece he wrote about immigration. I forwarded it to my editors, and they printed it as an op-ed piece. I finally sat down with my supervising editor to talk about things I can work on, such as shortening my sentences and killing the passive voice. Still, I am suffering from "breaking-news envy" of my fellow Chipsters. But I am proud and impressed by some of the stories I've read by the gang. Hope all the Chipsters are well, and remember “Congress shall make no law...”

Paz (peace),


- Rick Coca, California State University-Northridge, Daily News, Los Angeles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home