Saturday, January 28, 2006

Two valuable resources

(Lina Hashem, left, worked with copy-editing Scholars Giselle Velazquez, center, and Ana Ramirez. Hashem was a Summer 1999 Scholar. Photo by Michelle Hedenskoog.)


Yesterday I learned so much from my Coach Dick Thien. He had a myriad of tips, advice and stories about a career in copy editing. The session was just so information-packed that I was surprised when I learned so much additional information from Lina Hashem, an alum, who went into copy editing. It was nice to hear from someone who had been in my shoes just a few years ago. With what she shared about her experiences, I feel a bit more confident going into my internship.

-- Ana A. Rameriz, St. Mary’s University, San Angelo (Texas) Standard-Times

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home