Saturday, January 28, 2006

Gaining confidence

The last three days have given me confidence in my future in journalism. I have to admit that in Fall ’04 I was considering changing my major from photojournalism. I didn’t seem to be making the stories and photographs that I was passionate about, and it began to depress me. So I took a semester off from school and newsroom, took some art classes and went back to my roots in the darkroom. In Fall ’05, I decided to become production editor at The Spartan Daily. I found another style of journalism and began to fall in love with it. Being at Chips Quinn has given me the confidence that I will need to do design, even though I’ve been doing it for less than a year. This program also has changed my way of looking at life and the choices that I will make.


-- Yvonne A. Pingue, San Jose State University, The Arizona Republic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home