Friday, January 27, 2006

I'll sleep later

The alarm clock sounded at 9 a.m. my first morning in Washington. (I had arrived for orientation a day early.) For a moment, I rejoiced at the thought of exploring the beautiful architecture and rich history of our nation’s capital. Then I realized that I was suffering from jet lag and working on four hours of sleep. (Futurama was on.) So I sleepily reset the alarm clock to 8:15 a.m. And then 8:30 a.m. And 8:45 a.m. And 9 a.m. I finally set out for the Mall with a fellow Chipster at 11:45 a.m., and it was amazing. The Capitol! The Library of Congress! The Smithsonian (Judy Garland’s ruby slippers from the Wizard of Oz)! I can’t wait to dig into the Chips Quinn schedule and see more of D.C. I can sleep when I get home, right? Right?

-- Giselle Velazquez, San Francisco State University, Ventura County (Calif.) Star

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home