Thursday, January 26, 2006

A strong motivator

I never realized the magnitude of the Chips Quin Scholars Program until I arrived at the Freedom Forum. Meeting fellow Chipsters, I felt at home because all the other Scholars have a passion for journalism with the same goal -- to convey news, truthful news. This type of environment is quite a strong motivator to follow my passion in journalism, and it fills me with hope that there are others like me who will make becoming great journalists their mission in life. It's an easy environment to adapt to and to make part of you. You have the will and passion in you, but perhaps being surrounded by others like you brings that out and makes it shine stronger.
-- Ana A. Ramirez, St. Mary's University, San Angelo (Texas) Standard-Times

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home