Friday, January 27, 2006

Remembering the love, support

John Quinn said last night to remember to call home. He said to tell our parents and loved ones that we love them and that we are thankful for them. It is easy to forget where our success came from. We get consumed with so much opportunity that we forget where that opportunity stemmed. It could stem from a mother, a father, a wife or a significant other. For me, the seeming success of my young life stemmed from family nights. As long as I can remember, my parents told me to do what I wanted to do for work and to love my job. I will always love them for that. We cannot forget where we came from, and we always need to look back to remember who helped us and gave us opportunity.

-- Yvonne Pingue, San Jose State University, The Arizona Republic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home