Sunday, January 29, 2006

Eyes on the road

Driving, driving, driving. When Chris Weston, managing editor of The Greenville (S.C.) News, said that driving is the most dangerous thing we’ll do everyday, I realized how right he was. I hadn’t driven for almost seven years when I moved from New York to Seattle for my internship last Summer. I was extra cautious when I first moved, but now I’ve gotten a bit too comfortable. I’ve had a few close calls on the road recently. Coming back from assignments, I was thinking about the story and not paying attention to the road. It also doesn’t help that I live in an amazingly beautiful place and sometimes get distracted by the mountains and ocean. Having Weston remind me about being safe on the road is something that I will take with me when I get back to Port Angeles.


-- Vanessa Renee Casavant, City University of New York-Hunter College, Peninsula Daily News, Port Angeles, Wash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home