Sunday, January 29, 2006

Ability to make a difference

Today is the last day of CQ. I’m so thankful to have met such wonderful, talented and driven people. The relationships that I have formed in the past four days hopefully will continue through the rest of my life. All of us came here from different backgrounds and for different reasons. But we all are leaving with one thing in common: We leave knowing that we have the ability to make a difference in the world through meaningful journalism. Tomorrow I’m leaving San Jose for Phoenix and leaving the life that I have led for 21 years. This internship is the beginning of new life lessons. Everything that I have learned from my parents and from CQ will be put to the test. I’m anxious and grateful and scared to death. But I know that if I ever get into trouble I have a new family that will help me along the way. Thank you, CQ.

-- Yvonne A. Pingue, San Jose State University, The Arizona Republic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home